Sunday, February 22, 2009

My lord saved me from living for myself

Yesterday was a day of mourning and of Joy! It’s painful in the inner man to see a body that will not again walk upon the face of this earth like it once did! But Joyous that now the person that is now passed away is with our Lord.
I think right now I am struggling with the question of what am I living my life for? I so often find myself buried away in a life living for itself. It kills me because when I am living for self I am not living for the Glory of my God. My heart becomes far from Cross centered.
I have come to realize how amazing it is to live heavenly minded. To know that the reason I live is to be with my lord in heaven. Do I receive an education that I may have a good career? No. It is that I may live my life heaven focused with an education or without. I live to be in heaven. I live by faith. I live to spread the Gospel the power of God unto salvation. I live for my Lord who saved me from living for myself.

No comments: