Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Vitaliy vs. Sin

God my day yesterday was difficult but amazing at the same time. You showed me so much I couldn’t fathom, everything I saw and felt throughout the day was so Devine.
I mean everything I went through the time by the Hotel, in Class, and then in the Hospital for 10 1/2 hrs, evangelizing, Surgery; all of it made me feel like I was someone else that is not a normal day for me. Thank you for such a filled day.
I guess that is the way things are with you, when you are in Sovereign control!
Father I’d like to talk to you about what happened before my class by the Hotel.

DAD, during the time I was waiting for my 11 o’clock class I chose sin, I’m sorry; I really am. Father…… What amazes me is how fast you picked me up, putting a weapon into my hand. During the time I was waiting I was reading the book “Disciples of Disunion” for my History class. It is strange that I parked my car by a hotel to read the book. While reading I noticed a Lady walk out of a room. She had highlighted hair, dressed in an unusual manner, so on and so on. What hurt me Dad is the fact that I began to judge her by her appearance. During the time I was judging her I was trying to fight my thoughts. Amy a dear friend of mine reminded me of a passage in Romans, where Apostle Paul speaks about him doing what he doesn’t want to do, Romans 7

Rom 7:15-23
(15) For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate.....(18) For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out.(19) For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing.
(20) Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me.....(23) but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members.
It is so amazing how you made this passage a reality in my life. I hated my thought so much... I wasn’t really thinking about this passage, but it ends up that you made that hour completely relate to Apostle Paul. During the time I judged her to be prostitute I realized that I needed Your Word to fill my mind. I left the bible in my room I had nothing in my car.
I am so thankful that there was a Sermon in the vehicle by Steve Lawson. He preached a biography on Jonathon Edwards and how much Edwards lived for “YOUR Glory.” The sermon helped me realize how week I am and most of all I saw that I was living for my glory attempting to rob Yours.

…I’m a FOOL…
During the time I was sitting there with all of these thoughts running through my mind I realized something. God I do not take action when I am attacked in my spiritual battle.
I let sin hit me and hit me. All I tend to do is sit through it. That is so wrong. Yahweh, help me to hate sin. Train me to Attack it with Your (s) Word; defend with the shield of faith. It’s a war; awaken this Child for battle…Yesterday you thought me to hate this enemy of mine, which is still present within me. Help me to be a warrior and never let sin Conquer, for I am your child, by Your grace.Help me continue to live for you Glory and not my own.
Amen!

No comments: